Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Late Night, A Quiet Morning



I awoke this morning to the remnants of a small dinner party with excellent company that I hosted last night: tablecloth, partially burned candle, roses cut from my balcony garden.  Luckily, my husband and I had the presence of mind to clean up at 1 a.m. before bed.  Few things are better than waking up after a late night well-spent to a fresh home, the day set to unfurl slowly and quietly.  Despite a considerable amount of gin and Campari, I feel refreshed, sipping coffee and listening to Kate Bush on vinyl with a stack of periodicals by my side, ready to be enjoyed.  Any to-do's I have can wait until tomorrow - the beauty of a holiday weekend.

I captured the images above this morning with my brand new (very old) Polaroid Land Camera 250 and Fuji pack film.  The gorgeous photographs of the sweet light inspired me to hunt down this beauty on eBay.  I can already tell that Ms. 250 and I will have a lot of fun together.